This Is How Hundreds Around The World Are Thriving
Your facility can join the hundreds around the world with thriving Integrative Medicine programs. Reiki is one of the easiest modalities to implement. My goal is to see Reiki spread through the medical and corporate arenas to improve health and well-being for all.
I am available to consult with your place of business. I have the medical, Reiki and teaching background to get you started.
Reiki is a Japanese technique used for pain and stress reduction used in many healthcare facilities around the world. Reiki is provided through a series of hand positions on or near the body. There is no manipulation as in massage, and the patient remains fully clothed.
- It is non-invasive and can be utilized anywhere at any time.
- There are no known medical contraindications.
- Mini- sessions of 15-20 minutes can be very beneficial.
- Less pain and anxiety may help patients sleep better, recover more quickly and decrease length of stay.
- Reiki sessions provide one-on-one quiet time with the patient, and are given in the patient’s room.
- Statistical data can be gathered such as before/after pain and stress scores.
- Reiki is easily integrated into the routine medical regimen and is not a substitute for any prescribed plan of care.
- Patients report that Reiki improved their hospital stay patient satisfaction scores may increase.
- Can be provided by qualified staff or volunteers who have passed a competency and have been trained by a Reiki Master experienced in the medical field.
Reiki For Employees
Every job creates stress to some degree. Add to fake watches that family and financial issues that may be contributing to an employee’s overall stress level. A normal physical response to stressors is increased adrenaline and cortisol production. The heart rate rises, blood pressure increases, muscles tense as is known in the “fight or flight” reaction. If stress is not reduced, over time there are deleterious effects on the body that can produce a whole host of symptoms:
“Burnout”, Insomnia, moodiness, depression, feeling overwhelmed, decreased concentration, and anxiety to name a few. This has the potential for increased employee sick time, declining health and increased turnover.
Benefits of Reiki for Employees program could include:
Reiki may induce the Deep Relaxation Response- the opposite of the “Fight or Flight response”
- Decreased blood pressure and heart rate
- Increased sense of well-being and ability to cope
- Less pain and better sleep
- Fewer employee sick days
- Improved employee retention
- Interested employees could learn Reiki and do self-Reiki sessions
Employee wellness should be a priority for any company.
Initial presentation to administration covering potential for a Reiki program at your facility.
Topics to cover:
- Patient/Employee Population
- Staff education to include Reiki lectures and demos.
- Policy implementation and development of patient/employee consent forms
- Provider guidelines (who will be allowed to provide sessions- employees vs. outside volunteers) and Practitioner Competency development
- Orientation process for Reiki providers including safety, privacy and infection control information.
- Quality Assurance measures to show progression of patient/employee satisfaction factors before and after Reiki sessions are given.
- Reiki classes for employees.
Your Employees And Patients Will Thank You